Sunday 12 February 2012

How did I solve my problem of viewing images quickly...

I've been quite busy lately. If you are a curious PC user, then you might have noticed that the photo viewing programs that your PC comes with aren't as efficient and fast as they should be. I was extremely annoyed when the Windows Live Photo Viewer took 2 minutes to load my photo. It does have features like photo editing etc but I rarely use them. All I want is to view my pictures one by one. I don't think I should wait 2 minutes for the program to load features which I am not going to use. Hence, to solve this problem, I used, an uncommon approach. I designed my own image viewing software. I think that the best way to solve your problem is to create your own solution, rather than finding a solution.
This new software that I just created in one hour simply shows your pictures. You double-click a picture and it will open in Image Viewer. It opens in a flash and I love it. You can also open the image viewer and open a picture by clicking on Open button. Also, once you open a picture, it loads all pictures in memory and allows you to navigate through.
I will be publishing the source for this software soon so that it can be useful to you guys.

Try out the Image Viewer now!

Instructions:
  • The download is an EXE file.
  • No setup is required. Simply double click the EXE file and that will run the program.
  • If you wish to attach the program to a picture file, then right click the picture > Open With... > Select default program. Click on browse and locate the EXE file. Make sure that the checkbox below is checked and click Ok. 
Post any bugs or suggestions in comments below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment